Thursday, March 06, 2008

A Wee Bairn

For those of you who haven't heard the news, Sam and I have decided to take advantage of the UK healthcare system, and allow our offspring to make his/her earthly debut in Scotland.  We had our 12 week scan this morning and got to see BabyVan with our own eyes. I couldn't help noticing the dinosaur resemblance, with its wee little arms and top heaviness. The technician assures us this is normal looking. It was amazing to see him/her swimming around like a little velociraptor - only two inches long but I can already see athletic potential. She/he was unusually active, and would barely sit still for the photos! Sounds like someone I know...

The due date is September 20, 2008. I am currently at eleven weeks, five days. I'm not really showing, nor suffering from any of the nastier symptoms, but all the sudden am awfully mindful of the activity that's going on beneath my belly button.

No comments: